14 November 2014

Dahlia Sew-a-long Part 2

So in doing Christmas presents and trying to get organized for our trip and I didn't get this finished in the timeline that was set forth, but I still want to finish it. So, I'm continuing my project and documentation of it. So, thank you for looking in on it.

I made my fabric selection in the beginning of December. I made a huge mess in my sewing room trying to find it. I was gifted this fabric from someone who made a kilt from it. I've been trying to figure out what to make from it ever since. I really hope that I have enough to make this dress. If not, I'm going to be so bummed. I'm not sure who's family name is goes with, nor to I really care, but I love the colors and the feel of the wool fabric. I'm thinking it will be a nice warm dress on cool fall and colder winter days here in Minnesota. It's snowing outside today for the first time this season. I was told today that it snowed much earlier in the season last year and that was a terribly long and cold winter. I'm hoping that it is not much of the same this year. *update the first snow was November 10th and so far it has been a mild winter for Minnesota. I'm so grateful. I'm still cold though.*

I bought dark blue bias tape and zipper for this project. I really wanted the dark green, but they did not have the bias tape in stock. I blame Christmas sewers. *whomp, whomp*
I've got my muslin all cut out and I aim to put it together sometime today or tomorrow. Since we are in the middle of a snowstorm, I have plenty of time to work on it. There is still time to join me on the 
Dahlia Sewalong.(I think.) Hey, its a cute dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment