11 March 2015

Why giving and tithing can bring you closer to God.

Tithing. To some people this is a touchy subject. Yet, God tells us to give back 10% (at least) to Him.
A lot of people will say, "But, any god that needs my money isn't a god I want to serve." Yes, I would agree with that. But, God, that is the Great I am, Jehovah Jirah, the Lord who provides, Jesus Christ, The Great Sheperd, does not-I repeat does NOT NEED your money. He asks it of us. He even tells us to test Him. In nothing else does he say to test Him. It does not say, test me if you are Jewish, or even test me if you believe in Me. Just, test and see. It is proof that God wants what's best for us. That He is there for us. And it is a material way for us to see beyond our own self important noses.


"'Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this', says the Lord Almightly,' and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it'." Malachi 3:10


Not only does it teach us to give to someone other than ourselves, but we get back blessings. That's something you can't buy in any store. He doesn't say what the blessing will be, but that you will receive one. I do not tithe because I want to receive a blessing. Yet, I say try it and see what happens. The Lord may bless you with a raise or with good health. Maybe your blessing will be the good that you are doing in your own life so that someone else may eat tonight.

Doesn't that make you feel good? To know that you are giving to someone else. You can give to your church or to a charity. Either way, it will be put to good use. Be educated about where the money is going also. God doesn't ask us to give to people who are going to buy drugs or alcohol or anything we don't agree with morally. He will use it for His good. And that brings us closer to God.

Are you tithing? I would encourage you to do so. And as always if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them for you, assuming I know the answer. If I don't I will happily find someone who does know. And if it is not something known we can pray about it to the one who knows all.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment