26 June 2015

Spring 2015 Project 333-final thoughts.


Can you believe that Spring P333 is almost officially over??
WOW.

I feel like it flew by. I did really good this season and I feel like I've learned that I needed to layer in Minnesota weather. There have been some days up in the 90s and I've got my shorts and tank tops for that. But, I did get pretty sunburned on my back one day while working in the garden. I've got to remember that even though it's not as hot as it was in Charleston, SC, I need to wear my sunscreen. 

I'm excited to say that I'm going to keep most of my wardrobe in tact for summer. I did go to Target and get new undies (I know they don't count, but still) and a lighter chambray shirt that doesn't button up the front. It looks more like a shift or a tunic. I also repaired a sundress that's been in my sewing room for awhile and remembered how much I love it when the weather is nice enough to wear it. So I tossed in those two things for summer. I'm really loving the color pallete that I chose and I'm going to continue with it. 

A few things I learned about this wardrobe challenge. 

I did not use my oversized purse this season (at all!) I usually use it in the fall and winter when I need a place to put my hat, scarf and gloves so I don't loose them. So, I think I'll take it out of rotation for the rest of summer. I'll put it back in the fall. Because I really do love it!

I never wore my zombie shirt or my flower shirt. I stayed at home and worked on the farm a lot and I have different work clothes. Mostly old T shirts that I don't wear out anymore and a few pairs of jeans that are really holey and too big for me now. Just awful things that I don't care about getting ripped or dirty. 

I've realized that I need another pair of shorts. I wear my dark pair of shorts around the farm. Mostly to garden in when it's hot. But I need another pair! The light mint pair I worry about getting dirty or stained so I don't wear them on the farm. I'm thinking I'd like to blend my farm and my out capsule wardrobes. But I'm not sure how to do that yet. This system is working and makes sure that I have nice things to go out of the house in when I do. 

I'm really excited about the 4 piece capsule wardrobe challenge that I'm participating in this year. There is no deadline, but I'm thinking about making these things so that I can wear them this summer. I need to get busy sewing if I want to do that though. 

I think I may need to get a new pair of khakis. As much as I love how soft this pair is and all. Maybe I could just take them in. I will make myself a deadline to take them in and if that doesn't happen then I will just put them in the declutter bin/bag.


What I had for Spring:

 dresses- pink sheath,mint lace, blue short, pink vintage, navy button up and pink polka dots(only wore  once)

 tops-chambray, gray tee, mint tee, pink and green plaid,pink and white stripe, white stripes sleeveless, blue linen short sleeve,short sleeve flower tee, blue stripe long sleeve, blue with mint stripe tee, soft kitty tee, Marie Curie tee, navy button up,zombie tee, long sleeve flower blouse, long sleeve pink tee and pink flowers buttonup up. added another chambray top, want to make 2 tops

 bottoms-fav jeans, khakis, mint shorts, high waited shorts, navy w/white stripe skirt, navy linen skirt (not flattering), pink skirt,peach skinnies and Rose skinnies. (want to make shorts and a skirt)

 sweaters/cardigans-mint sweater, multi-colored sweater, yellow sweater and navy cardigan (Did not need the pullover sweaters like I thought I would)

 jackets/coats-olive military coat and pink slicker w/liner. (only wore pink slicker, and my farm hoodie)

shoes-cowgirl boots(wore once) , black malibrans, navy chucks, grey with white dot chucks, and blue fluevog sandals.(added my birks)

accessories- B&W scarf, multi-colored scarf, pink clutch/wallet, purple bucket bag, and Leather backpack (only used the pink clutch out of all of this)


So this leaves me with:
 dresses- pink sheath, mint lace, blue short, pink vintage, navy button up and pink polka dots (6)

 tops-chambray button up, chambray shift, gray tee, mint tee, pink and green plaid,pink and white stripe, white stripes sleeveless, blue linen short sleeve, short sleeve flower tee, blue stripe long sleeve, blue with mint stripe tee, soft kitty tee, Marie Curie tee, navy button up, zombie tee, long sleeve pink tee, pink flowers buttonup, and space reserved for 2 tops to be made. (19)

 bottoms-fav jeans, mint shorts, high waited shorts, navy w/white stripe skirt, pink skirt, peach skinnies, Rose skinnies, new pair of shorts to make, and a new skirt to make. Maybe a new pair of khakis.(9, 10 with Khakis)

 sweaters/cardigans-mint sweater and navy cardigan (2)


 jackets/coats-pink slicker w/liner. (1)

shoes-Birkenstock Yaras , black malibrans, navy chucks, grey with white dot chucks, and blue fluevog sandals.(5)

accessories- pink clutch/wallet. (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment