Instead of paper towels we use cleaning rags for cleaning and dishcloths for the kitchen. No sponges either. Things that have changed by not using paper products. Not to mention the money that is saved.
Things that have been affected by not using paper products
- We don't toss out so much trash.
- We do not spend as much money on paper products.
- We save money buy washing the cloth rags/dishtowels.
- It's one less thing to buy at the store.
- I can use up old clothes or fabric by cutting it up for rags. Getting even more use out of it!
- I feel good about our consumption of goods going down because of this change.
- We are not in the cycle of consumerism as often. I will discuss how we have made other changes in this area in a later post.